This question was posed to me this past week and I’ve spent a fair amount of time mulling it over. It surprised me a bit, but after thinking about it, I’m inspired in a number of different areas.
– I’m inspired by listening to a good “message”. Chris laid on a good one yesterday.
– I’m inspired by stories of success. Whether it be athletic success, spiritual success, weight loss success, it makes no difference.
– I’m inspired by listening to memorable music. It’s mostly music from HS & College. I’ve been listening to a lot of Huey Lewis as well as Earth, Wind, & Fire recently. My kids love it by the way.
– I’m inspired by music that is played skillfully. It doesn’t make a difference whether it is worship, Rock, or classical. If it is played skillfully, I love it. It’s one reason why I love to listen and worship with Tommy Walker. He’s a wonderfully skilled worship leader, but also is a virtuoso guitar player, and his band SMOKES!!!
– I’m inspired by other people. I love being in groups of people that accomplish something. Whether it’s a producion on a sunday morning, or a group of missionarys in El Salvador. It moves me.
– I’m inspired when God uses me. See above.
Where do you get your inspiration?