So enough moping and complaining from me. I need to take “action” towards a new end. I think I blogged about this from a spiritual perspective a week or so ago, but now it’s time to look at it through a different lens.
I’ve been in kind of a “funk” for the last couple of weeks, and last night at my “appt.”, we tried to figure out when I wasn’t all “funked” up. The obvious time that jumped to mind in the last couple of days was when I was rehearsing with The Orchard worship team.
What about that setting or atmosphere made me “happy”?
– my experience and “expertise” is respected.
– goal is something bigger than myself.
So, now I’m trying to figure out what type of career exists that incorporate most of these things, so then I can seek out a different direction.
Joni and I (ok, mostly Joni) have come up with a few things:
– I have some friends (3 in fact) in the recording industry. Is there something there (not necessarily performing) that would fit into this description.\
– I have another friend in the marketing industry that produces corporate events (lights, sound, pipe & drape, video, etc.)
– I have a retail management background. If I coupled that with my current band directing career, could I perhaps get into retail instrument sales.
– I had a friend who years ago, told me that he didn’t necessarily think I should follow just the music side of my giftedness, but that I should dream bigger, and look more into overseeing the entire production of an event. That was a particularly icky time in my life, and I’ve kind of put it aside until recently.
– I also need to be able to support my family (duh).
What am I not thinking of?
Give me your thoughts, PLEASE!!!!